Wednesday 11 February 2015

Baked Banana Pudding


I just love warm puddings . They make a wonderful desert after any meal. So when I saw that this month's home-bakers-challenge had a variety of pudding to choose from I was very happy.


This month's challenge was hosted by a dear friend Rafeeda and she gave some healthy options . I chose banana pudding as I already had bananas at home . I also wanted to try baking meringue and so thought that it was a great opportunity. I don't know whether I have baked the meringue top perfectly , but we did like the taste and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Though at the last minute my camera started acting funny and I got really horrible clicks.










Ingredients :



2 .....................big ripe bananas ( peeled and sliced )
1/2 cup.............sugar
2 tbsp................all purpose flour
1/4 tsp................salt
4 .........................eggs ( yolk n white seperated )
1/2 tsp.................vanilla esssence
15 / 20..................vanilla waffers





Method :



Beat the egg whites till soft peaks form and keep aside.

In a thick bottom pan add sugar, flour , salt and egg yolks.

Whisk them well.

Cook on a medium vessel stirring continuously till it thickens.

When the mixture starts bubbling remove from the flames and mix well.

Add vanilla essence and again mix .

Take a oven proof glass bowl and spread 1/3 mixture at the bottom.




Now spread the vanilla wafers on it and then arrange the banana slices.





Add some more pudding mixture and spread evenly to cover the slices.




Again repeat the layer of wafers and banana slices.




Now spread all the mixture evenly.

Pour the stiffly beated egg white on the mixture covering the edges fully.

Bake at 180 degrees for 10 / 12 minutes till the meringue top changes little color.

Cool before serving.






.




7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...