Wednesday 5 November 2014

Lima Beans Curry ( Karwari Style )

Its really been a long long time since I last posted something here. But now I have made a promise
 to myself to be regular in posting . So  today to start with I am posting the recipe of this simple but
 yummy Lima Beans Curry - with  karwari-sambar-masala . I am sure u all will like it.

I usually cook these beans in north indian style with lots of onions n tomatoes along with ginger garlic paste. Yesterday I soaked the lima beans and then realised that I am craving for something authentically karwari, ( As I was back from a vacation and was deprived of home cooked food ) So I decided to try this curry the karwari style. No need to say that the curry tasted amazing and we loved having it with hot rice n potato phodi .  Finally enjoying being back at home.





Ingredients : 


1 cup......................Lima beans
1 cup....................fresh grated coconut
3 to 4 ..................dry red chillies
1 /2 tsp................turmeric powder
1 tbsp.................. karwari-sambar-masala
2 to 3 .................dry kokam pieces
1 tbsp..................jaggery
1 tsp...................mustard seeds
1/4 tsp...............asefoetida (hing)
2 sprigs............curry leaves ( I have not used )
2 tbsp.................coconut oil
salt



Method :


Soak the lima beans over night and pressure cook them for 20 to 25 minutes till soft.

Grind coconut with dry red chillies and haldi.

In a pan heat coconut oil and give a tadka of mustard seeds , curry leaves and hing.

Add the cooked beans and saute for 2 minutes.

Now add the ground coconut , sambar masala, jagerry, kokam and salt .

Add enough water and boil the curry for 5 minutes.

Serve hot with plain rice.




1 comment:

  1. wow tempting lima beans curry dear :) love this karwari version of yours !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...