Monday, 8 July 2013

Banana Oats Milkshake

I love to have shakes and juices and mocktails . But my idea to have them till now was  to enjoy these refreshing drinks in the evening or at night with one meal dish at leisure .

Though recently I have started preparing them in the morning for my son who leaves college early . So because of him we all are also getting into the habit of having these drinks in the morning as a part of our breakfast, and I am amazed at the diffrence in my energy levels due to this.

Since I have made them a regular during breakfast I have become more active and  enthusiastic and so would recommend all to start this healthy practice at home.

Today I had made this lovely banana milkshake with oats and dates . It was deliciously filling and we enjoyed it thoroughly.




Ingredients :

1 no..................ripe but firm banana
2 tbsp...............roasted and powdered oats
2 cups ..............milk
4 no..................dates
1 tbsp...............crushed walnuts


Method :

Blend everything except walnuts in a blender to a smooth consistency.
You can add more milk if you like.
While serving top with crushed walnuts.


Sending this to following events :

taste-of-tropics-banana  

gurus-cooking-giveaway-kids-special-13 

Walk through memory lane  at  samachuruchikalam 



Guru's Cooking Giveaway Kids Special '13













8 comments:

  1. Energy drink to kick start a day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very refreshing and beautiful,healthy drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and healthy way of breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy one to start the day.
    Thanks for linking this to my Event.

    ReplyDelete