Saturday 18 August 2012

Chocolate paneer pedha

I usually am very happy when my milk spoils. It gives me an opportunity to try various dishes with the spoiled milk. One traditional dish which I fondly remember having since my childhood is Chaimoi which is a simple but soft and tasty sweet  made from this spoiled milk.Will post the recipe sometimes in fututre.

Today I am posting the recipe which is just as yummy and simple.

Ingredients :

1 litre ...............spoiled milk ( you can purposely spoil it for this sweet)
4 tbsp...............milkmaid
3 to 4 tbsp ..............cocoa powder.( I used leftover chocolate custard)




Method :

Tie the spoiled milk in a muslin cloth and let the water drain completely.
Add 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and put the dried residue of spoiled milk  .
Stir it continuously for 5 to 10 minutes.







Then add cocoa powder or chocolate custard if you have and stir till it is uniformly mixed.
Then add the milkmaid and go on stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
Let the mixture cool a bit.






Shape it into balls and press a little to make pedhas.
Make a depression in middle and fill with some white chocolate
 shavings .


Linking this  Srivalli's  kids-delight  at Vaishali's ribbonstopastas













5 comments:

  1. Nice recipe dear. If you post the pic, then it will be more easy to understand the colour of the pedas finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for reminding me about the pics, I had forgotten to attache them...

      Delete
  2. How do I spoil the milk? This sounds good therefore going to try it out so please guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks .

      As for the spoinling of milk sometimes in Summer season if the milk is out for too long it gets spoilt. Or you can spoil it by boiling the milk and adding 2 tbsp lemon juice to it or 1 tsp citric acid dissolved in tbsp water .

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...